HanesBrands Inc. is a global company with more than 60,000 associates in 47 countries, all working together to create the world’s best apparel to include iconic brands such as Champion, Hanes, Bali, Bonds, and many more. We offer enormous opportunities for creative thinkers, for people with a passion for consumers, and for people who think like business owners. We’re building a truly inclusive culture, where people of different backgrounds, races, cultures and experiences come together to make us stronger. We are a sustainable company committed to making a positive difference in our communities and around the world.
We are seeking to hire a Tax Analyst who will report to the Senior Tax Analyst. This position will assist in all areas of the tax department, primarily focused on direct indirect tax reporting, assisting in special projects, and supporting direct tax reporting.
• General maintenance of state and local tax functions for 40+ domestic entities
• Responsibility includes but not limited to the following: income tax compliance and reporting, property tax, unclaimed property, business licenses
• Gather relevant and accurate data needed to prepare property tax, unclaimed property, US Census reporting and other tax returns.
• Assist in the preparation and completion of the US Income Tax compliance and provision process.
• Prepare journal entries to record appropriate accruals and payments. Reconcile tax accounts and identify explanations and solutions for variances that arise, including necessary true-ups.
• Support other areas of the tax department as needed, including special projects.
• Collaborate with outside service providers to accurately complete necessary tax reporting.
• Gather necessary information, monitor validity, and communicate with retail store locations with business license information.
• Timely respond to state and local tax notices and audits, including data gathering and preparation, audit exposure research, and defense.
• Work with technology team to improve data gathering and identify areas of process improvements, resulting in better efficiency and accuracy of data and implementation of identified solutions.
• Collaborate with Accounting, Legal, Treasury, and other cross functional groups to ensure accuracy and consistency in reporting across functions.
• Required Education/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree.
• 1 years of relevant experience in a corporate tax department, corporate accounting or public accounting.
• Familiarity with Vertex, SAP, and Oracle preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office- especially Microsoft Excel.
• Strong MS Office Suite skills including Excel PivotTables and Formulas.
• Proficient in Spanish and English.
*Benefits vary by country
HanesBrands Inc now offers a benefit allowing associates to get paid for their hours at any time without having to wait until payday.
Full Time Regular
ID # 22273-1122-82012