The primary responsibility of the Team Lead is to manage the output of Team Members in his/her department’s designated pod(s) or work area. Team Leads will assist in employee training, supervision, quality assurance, and the on-going development of individual and Team performance. Additionally, Team Leads work to maximize utilization by forecasting and planning the workload within their work areas, and distributing responsibilities to Team Members. Team Leads are responsible for the day-to-day management of Team Members, measuring and reporting all aspects of pod output, and identifying areas for increased efficiencies.
The hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 3:30PM - 12:00AM with some occasional weekends required during peak season.
- Management of Team Members within department, including daily supervision and coaching, disciplinary action when necessary, and time management.
- Greet your Team, prepare and ready workload for immediate start of productivity upon their arrival. Awareness of Team Member arrival times, break times, lunch breaks, and exit times. Reporting to Leadership concerns of tardy, absence, or extended periods of time away from floor.
- Develop all Team Members, new and existing, for further advancement of skill, opportunities, or position advancement. Continuous interaction throughout production areas is required.
- Forecast and distribute workload within designated pod(s), or department as a whole. Identify bottlenecks in production, or areas in need of improvement or attention.
- Identify work schedules of Team Members and make recommendations to Leadership for floor coverage and best management of workflow daily, weekly, or seasonal. Assist in scheduling staffing for overtime shift coverage.
- Run daily reports to identify orders needing action for completion, send end of shift updates and productivity reports.
- Record and report individual and team performance in Production documents for Leadership review and analysis.
- Communication with other shift Team Leads for smooth transition of workload, progress reports, and other agenda needing handed off to following shift.
- Perform an ongoing analysis of quality, review current expectations and monitor finished product. Make necessary changes for the advancement of quality techniques, and communicate expectations of quality to team members.
- Assist Supervisor with Team Member OPA’s and new hire 90-day reviews for all Team Members within department or those instructed as direct reports.
- Maintain necessary inventory levels of critical supplies within the designated work areas and communicate needs to Leadership and Purchasing Agent.
- Communicate as needed with other Production depts., including Art, to ensure quality standards and productivity standards are most efficient.
- Maintain equipment within designated pod(s) and communicate maintenance needs to Leadership and Maintenance Technician, communicate any misuse to Leadership.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of department, and other areas affected throughout the GTM facility.
- Uphold, promote and contribute to GTM and Hanes’ Vision, Mission and Values;
- Hold TM’s accountable to company policies, productivity expectations and efficiency standards.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School degree required.
- At least 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work with limited supervision, highly self-motivated.
- Resourceful and well organized, works well under pressure, able to multi-task.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: