Gear For Sports is seeking a friendly and outgoing Account Services Admin to provide quality customer service and administrative support for sales agents within a geographic territory. Must be detail oriented, ensuring accurate and timely order entry, monitoring and expediting orders. This people-person will operate in a customer-designed product environment requiring teamwork, efficiency, tactfulness, product knowledge and resourcefulness. Responds to inquiries from customers, sales agents and co-workers. Communicates with customers, sales agents sales management, brand management, manufacturing staff, credit and accounting personnel and members of the merchandising department.
- Receives and verifies accuracy and completeness of orders. Communicates with sales agents or customers regarding missing or inaccurate information, alternative product selections, or other non-standard requirements. Maintains changes on orders as necessary.
- Acts as an extension of the sales function by taking direct orders from customers, reviewing closeout opportunities with customers, assisting customers with garment and graphic selections and creating graphic on garment assortment pages tailored to each client.
- Receives and processes phone orders from sales agents that may be traveling (including reorders and ARO's).
- Tracks progress of orders with various internal departments. Expedites rush orders and negotiates scheduling with internal departments to ensure that customer timelines are met.
- Manages hold reports to ensure timely release of holds that are within direct area of responsibility. Follows up with various internal staff on resolution of holds relevant to other departments.
- Manages event report to ensure that orders flow quickly through the system and are shipped within the required time frame. Communicates status of event orders to customers and sales agents, particularly once orders have shipped.
- Facilitates resolution of order and quality problems. Investigates order, communicates with internal departments or external vendors (such freight carriers) and responds back to customer or sales agents regarding possible solutions.
- Assures that all assigned sales agents have ample reserves of catalogs, price lists, order forms and other pertinent supplies.
- Maintains assigned customer/sales agent files and product/program/art files.
- Responds to general public inquiries regarding product information.
- Four years customer service and/or sales experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must possess intermediate computer knowledge working on a PC in a professional or academic setting. Understand how to navigate Microsoft Office Suite including Word & Excel. Knowledge of Oracle preferred.
- Complies with GEAR’s attendance policy; Reliable, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Regularly demonstrates GEAR Vision and Values
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Accuracy and thoroughness
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requireing reasonable accomodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: