This position serves as a senior analytic resource to the HBI organization by performing analytic modeling and simulation for key HBI initiatives. The position develops new principles and concepts, while solving unusually complex business problems and providing innovative solutions; enabling HbI to consistently deliver high-quality results. This position serves the Modeling & Simulation team as an experienced resource to solve complex business problems using advanced analytic tools and techniques with objectives such as optimizing working capital investment, optimizing customer service and inventory investment, supply chain network optimization, effective demand management (demand sensing), process automation, and support of Merger & Acquisition activities. The scope of this position includes functions and processes that support nearly $5.0 billion in sales, involve more than 190,000 products, and span the globe with more than 150 manufacturing locations.
Incumbent supports the Modeling & Simulation team by organizing modeling activities and works both independently and collaboratively to conceive, develop, and refine models using advanced software modeling tools and analytical techniques that may include analytical model development, descriptive and predictive modeling, time series modeling, data mining, pattern identification, segmentation, regression analysis, simulation, and optimization.. Incumbent will apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to the design and development of solutions to complex business problems. The Analytics Technologist III works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives, as assignments are often dictated by HbI functional area demand. Incumbent credibly communicates Modeling & Simulation results to many levels of the organization, across all functional areas and include interactions with Executive and Senior Management.
- Execution of advanced analytic modeling and simulation initiatives from concept to delivery of final results and solutions:
- Lead a high variety of analytic modeling and simulation projects – both individual and with many team members (internal and external to Modeling and Simulation team)
- Effectively understand business problems and requirements and then develop a roadmap for the modeling effort utilizing the appropriate analytic technique(s)
- Manage projects with development of analysis plans and ensure adherence to project timelines
- Utilizing best practices, conceive, develop, verify, validate, run, and evaluate analytic models and simulations that deliver actionable results
- Acquire, mine, and analyze data using valid analytical methods including writing and interpreting complex SQL
- Communicate findings and results in a concise and actionable manner and ensure results are well understood by project sponsors
- Prepares results and recommendations of analytic efforts for presentation. The ability to credibly produce the following is a critical job function:
- Statistical data: tables, charts, and graphs
- Evidence relevant to cause and effect
- Evidence relevant to decision making
- Fundamental strategy and analytical design of models
- Insurance of data validity
- Provides ad hoc analysis, reports, and special projects to management to support business decisions and to aid in the resolution of business issues as required.
- Engages with Production Planning, Material Planning, Sourcing, Marketing, CMG, Customer Ops, Logistics, Engineering, Forecasting, PMO, Finance, and Procurement departments to align on key strategies and to identify and resolve issues.
- Works closely with Modeling & Simulation management to determine new and innovative ways to improve collection of data, to refine existing data sources, and to analyze data. The ability to insure accuracy of data assumptions across a broad array of variables is a critical job function.
- Interfaces with HbI functional areas (customers) on technical issues associated with model credibility requirements. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with customers and in conjunction with formal review with Modeling & Simulation management.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and training in analytic modeling and simulation to junior Modeling & Simulation team members.
- Conducts analytic modeling and simulation training at Middle Management and lower levels. The purpose being to advance the knowledge of the appropriate application of modeling and simulation techniques to improve and optimize processes.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Analytics, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Management Science, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3-6 years of extensive experience in solving relevant analytic or simulation problems
- 2 years of experience leading relevant analytic or simulation modeling projects
- Applied experience with some or all of the following tools: Base SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Forecast Studio, SAS JMP, R, Oracle CrystalBall, IBM LogicNetPlus, IBM IPFA, and Arena
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of some or all of the following: multivariate regression, logistic regression, decision tree, optimization, discrete event simulation, Monte Carlo simulation, predictive modeling, pattern identification, demand sensing, time series (forecasting), and segmentation
- Expert skills in data analysis with preference given to candidates with work experience in SAS and JMP
- Expert skills in manipulating, cleansing, aggregating, and compiling analytic data
- Practical knowledge of relational databases including demonstrated ability to write complex SQL
- Expert knowledge of statistics as it relates to analytical modeling and simulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environment
- Mastery of MS Office tools is required.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: