The Merchandising Artist supports Kansas City Image Lab and the Hanes/C-9/Champion businesses through the creation of art production support materials in many forms using Adobe Creative Suite software. This work includes CAD creation and modification, Creation of Art Production Sheets, Manipulation of graphics and graphic collateral. Mastery of ARM, SKOR, ADOBE software.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate production of sketches and art production forms to factory with focus on the Hanes/C-9/Champion businesses
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software with emphasis on Photoshop & Illustrator is essential.
- Have a strong knowledge of Champion, Hanes, C9 product line, style, color and location codes. Must be aware of client likes, client parameters and client specific needs.
- Full knowledge of Hanes, Champion & C9 garment styles, graphic packages and seasonal line requirements.
- Problem-solve and produce very quickly in fast paces situations with a high degree of accuracy in a highly demanding environment.
- Balances and prioritizes time and efforts to business size and workflow.
- Communicates clearly and partners effectively with internal and external clients, maintaining policies and procedures relating to overall departmental project flow.
- Working baseline knowledge of decoration capabilities and processes including (but not limited to) Screen print, Embroidery, and Tackle applique.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent industry related experience
- 1-2 years of experience in the field is preferred
- Mastery of Macintosh computer and graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator)
- Understanding of basic graphic art concepts such as composition, color relationships and balance