The Merchandising and Marketing Analyst I will assist with the execution of product development and marketing functions as set forth by the management team. The analyst will aid in the development of seasonal product lines, marketing programs and sales tools to support the sales organization and sales goal achievement. The Analyst I position will also provide an opportunity for familiarizing themselves with the business and organization while leading preparations for customer visits, sales meetings, and trade shows.
- Maintains the seasonal line plan making updates as needed and re-distributing to necessary parties
- Works in conjunction with brand management and creative design in the development of new seasonal products by brand and/or division
- Develops supporting tools for seasonal line development including color thumbnails, new product detail pages, developmental binders and sample collection pages, etc.
- Executes seasonal samples plan working in conjunction with brand management, sales management and the graphic team
- Supports brand management in the development of marketing concepts, signage needs, fixtures, packaging, concept shops, etc.
- Manages hand-off of sales support tools, including seasonal catalogs and promotions, to IDG and oversees the proofing process
- Works in conjunction with brand management in the development and execution of divisional MTO programs
- Works in conjunction with division management in the development of label and hangtag concepts
- Responsible for tradeshow and sales meeting product presentation and set up
- Monitors, analyzes and records the trend and competitive environment to develop greater knowledge of pricing, product and programs in the market
- Provides product presentation support for customer visits
- Travel to gain insight from field reps and for market research
- Bachelor degree required preferably in the content area of apparel, business, or marketing.
- One to two years apparel industry experience related to business planning and/or product development or retail management experience also desired.