Assists human resources manager/generalist in developing and coordinating, managing and directing implementation and maintenance of approved human resources programs and courses of action focused upon providing service and support of unit business objectives. Responsible for accurate and timely administration of HbI procedures and processes involving benefits, payroll, reporting, audit and communication. Serve as a resource for employees and vendors regarding human resources inquiries and work to resolve issues in a professional manner. This position will provide guidance and support in the dissemination of basic HR policy and procedures.
- Provides business support and employee services for the Laurel Hill Worker’s Comp function.
- Coordinate and administer Leave of Absence tracking with Payroll and Time and Attendance system (Kronos) to ensure correct payment to employees, accurate status reporting, and proper accounting procedures.
- Work with HRIM to accurately process all employee status notices through the use of the Lawson system.
- Maintains Lenel (badge system) for Laurel Hill Facility
- Serve as backup to HR Manager/Generalist in communicating benefits, policies and practices to employees via intranet, bulletin board postings, e-mails, etc.
- Monitors and maintains communications of facility benefits programs and availability through outsourced services.
- Produces facility affirmative action plan and EEOC program activity reports.
- Assists in the administration of facility policies and procedures.
- Recruits, hires and provides orientation of new employees.
- Provides counseling and open door policy administration in accordance with Company policy.
- Provides assistance in maintaining safety programs and policies.
- Maintains employee and supervisory training to enhance company performance.
- Maintains employee records and files and acts and Records Retention Coordinator.
- Maintains open position report from HRIM to hire by expiration date of posting.
- Assist with requesting, documenting and issuing e-cash when appropriate.
- Assist with all Human Resources events, including scheduling and communications.
- Assist with HR special projects as required.
- Participates in community activities to enhance Company image in surrounding area.
- Maintains knowledge of HR function with continuing education.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of high school education and secondary educational courses related to human resource management or B.S./B.A. degree.
- Certificates/Licenses in Human Resources Management preferred
Must be proficient in Word and Excel; experience with Lawson, and Kronos highly desired. Strong interpersonal skills are required to deal effectively with HbI employees and vendors.
Three to five years of human resources experience is desirable. Experience in training and safety a plus.
Self-motivated individual with background in human resources and payroll is beneficial. English is required.
Incumbent needs high attention to detail to accurately coordinate all employee personnel and payroll data. Position requires ability to effectively organize and plan administrative activities and to manage time effectively.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information regarding employees, corrective action situations, compensation information and all phases of employee relations issues. Must be able to handle a variety of sensitive situations in a calm, tactful and understanding manner.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: