CHAMPION® IS AUTHENTIC ATHLETIC APPAREL. Founded in Rochester, New York back in 1919, the Champion brand has outfitted athletes for generations. From USA Olympic teams to everyday athletes Champion has remained a leader in sports apparel forging the industry as we know it. We are searching for retail store managers who share our passion for sport and fundamental belief that everyone has the potential to be a Champion.
It’s about leaving everything you have on the field... be it in sport or in life. Being a Champion is a state of mind, an attitude that our store managers must embrace and deliver every single day. Here are just a few things that describe the leaders we want on our team.
- TRUSTWORTHY: You don’t buy trust. It’s not gained overnight. Trust takes time, commitment, and consistency. We must earn it and re-earn it every day.
- INCLUSIVE: We believe that all are welcome—on the field and in life. Our field has no fences. Our clubhouse has no membership fees.
- PASSIONATE: Passion is the driving force of greatness. It’s doing what you do, simply for the love of it, day in, day out. Passion is the fuel of every champion.
- CONFIDENT: Before you can believe in anything else, you need to believe in yourself. We celebrate who we are, and you should too.
- COMPETITIVE: We believe in playing to win. Every day, every challenge we see as an opportunity to take ourselves to a higher place.
What we are trying to say is…It takes a little more to make a Champion. Do you have what it takes? Are you ready to join the team entrusted with bringing Champion’s ultimate brand experience to life for consumers around the globe? Apply now and be at the forefront of representing Champion’s iconic athletic wear heritage while helping to shape its exciting future.
Under the direction of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the overall operations with an emphasis on creating and maintaining visual standards throughout the store to consistently deliver a vibrant and exclusive Champion shopping experience. Assists the Store Manager in supervising the store team to achieve sales objectives, maintaining store policy and procedures, and assumes responsibility for the merchandising functions of the store.
- Assist Store Manager with all day-to-day operations to achieve targeted sales and profitability, including opening and closing responsibilities
- Collaborate with Retail Operations Team and key partners to lead and effectively execute all visual directives while leading store team for performance and store profitability.
- Demonstrate outstanding floor presence by assisting in coaching store team on customer service, product placement, and visual standards.
- Genuinely understand, communicate and promote the culture, heritage, values, brand aesthetic and mission of Champion and its iconic product stories to customers and staff
- Increase positive brand perception and integrity via strong visual presentation
- Support the Store Manager in recruiting, interviewing and training individuals that live Champion’s core values and provide best in class customer service
- Collect and share customer feedback and insights in addition to sale reporting to create a best in class customer, product and brand experience
- Effectively delegate and guide associates to complete visual tasks within a given timeframe
- Implement key visual themes throughout the store and consistently deliver engaging window and internal displays
- High school Diploma/GED. College degree preferred
- Ability to lead and be a part of a successful store team through storytelling and engaging with consumers
- Knowledgeable about current fashion trends and be able to outfit build
- 3+ years retail visual merchandising and leadership experience
- Experience planning and executing successful floor sets
- Highly motivated with proven success in motivating and developing a team
- Excited to be part of the Champion team and willing to work hard while having fun
- Excellent visual skills and commitment to maintaining brand standards
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to plan and execute strategies
- Able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and retail business systems
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, and ability lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Clear understanding of retail metrics including key performance indicators necessary to drive sales (Traffic, Conversion, Units Per Transaction, Average Unit Retail)
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.