The primary responsibility of the position is to manage the day to day productivity of the Merchandising Artists. This includes coordinating the research of spirit and sport trends and designing new attribution artwork for GTM apparel and the K-State Superstore. In addition, the Merchandising Art Lead will assist in employee training, supervision, project management, quality assurance, and the on-going development of individual and team performance.
- Lead team of Merchandising Artists and oversee design concepts created for GTM product, marketing, and retail.
- Initiate and drive innovation in attribution designs and processes, while ensuring quality standards are maintained when producing.
- Confirm orders are accurate for sizing, placement locations, process and garment types.
- Understands, submits and maintains trademark and licensed logos.
- Maintains working knowledge of all areas of production and order entry as it pertains to art and production.
- Closely work with product design and marketing to ensure products are merchandised with appropriate artwork.
- Consistently meets project deadlines and prioritizes appropriately.
- Complete position specific training plan, and engage in continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
- Maintain clean and efficient work area.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improvement of processes; participate in efficiency evaluations as needed.
- Upholds GTM’s Vision, Mission, and Values by “Making it Personal” during every interaction and process with all departments and team members.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or relevant coursework.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Basic knowledge of ERP systems.
- Knowledge of color separations a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to make sound and reasonable decisions.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Experience in graphic design or apparel marketing and design a plus.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: