This position is responsible for directing and managing (owning) a very aggressive customer growth opportunity with Urban Outfitters and the Champion Specialty business. This individual will be responsible for developing, executing and driving well thought-out sales and marketing strategies across a complex product platform that delivers accelerated sales and profit growth. Individual must be a self-starter, a collaborator, a good communicator and have the leadership abilities to lead a team.
- Initiate, develop and facilitate sales and marketing strategies that increase HbI’s assortment, sales and profit at Urban Outfitters.
- Owns the Champion lead role in customer management at Urban Outfitters.
- Individual needs to have an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be creative, to be a problem solver and think outside of the box.
- Exhibits keen understanding of the marketing and sales process with the ability to develop, implement and communicate well thought out strategies to improve profitably and drive HbI businesses.
- Accountability for continuous and comprehensive sales action plans to achieve goals – display ability to execute short term and long-term opportunities in managing results.
- Responsible for product sell-in, assortment management, item set-up, forecasting and sales to meet/exceed Hbi financial metrics.
- Must quickly develop an understanding of Urban Outfitters processes, strategies and financial metrics to communicate and collaborate with Hanesbrands business partners to drive incremental business.
- Conduct business reviews with cross-functional Hanesbrands teams, including but not limited to, marketing, forecasting, planning, customer service, and design/merchandising.
- Development and management of the trade and budget plans to effectively delivery growth and profit. Includes over-sight of markdown, advertising, and marketing budgets specific to business category.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual financial and sales plans.
- Lead quarterly product reviews, assortment plans and account sell in meetings.
- The job requirements needed to effectively execute the responsibilities of this role include:
- High-level market analysis/competitive insight;
- High-level account sales analysis;
- Strong product knowledge including account level productivity metrics;
- Product selling strategy/formulation;
- Promotion selling strategy / formulation
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years sales, retail buying, or marketing experience in the apparel industry and/or CPG experience.
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills required.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), including excellent presentation skills.
- Financial Acumen; must fully understand retail scorecard drivers, and be able to manage detailed analytics
- Possess strong tactical skills; able to manage detailed execution plans, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to build strong business relationships.
- Travel required.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: