This position is responsible for performing sample maker duties in a professional, responsible and precise manner for members of the HBI design and product development teams. This position is also responsible for accurately executing prototype garments from initial prototyping through final fitting in a timely manner while exhibiting the highest level of technical skill and professionalism. Sample makers maximize profit for the organization by identifying and correcting issues before they are passed to production as well as helping to develop styles that will be most efficiently manufactured.
- Precisely sew garments that meet measurements and follow standard manufacturing methods.
- Establish final measurements.
- Drape cups.
- Speed is necessary but accuracy is most important.
- Accurately hand cut single garments when needed.
- Identify and analyze problems and propose solutions by immediately collaborating with cross functional team members.
- Participate in internal meetings to finalize styles to be handed off to production.
- Understand how various fabrics will react in sewing.
- Manage day to day responsibilities in a professional, positive, efficient and confidential manner.
- Support other design colleagues as needed; must be flexible and committed to perform or complete job assignments outside of core working hours and daily responsibilities.
- Thread machines and replace needles when needed.
- Train and mentor less experienced sample makers.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 5+ years of sewing experience is required, preferably bras.
- Ability to use different machines / operations, including overlock, cover stitch and zig zag.
- A good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to prioritize and work under pressure; a team player. Incumbent must be able to keep projects moving while working on multiple projects for multiple people.
- Must have knowledge of grain lines.
- Must have understanding of material reactions.
- Grading knowledge a plus.
- Strong organization skills, technical detail orientation and efficient follow-up processes.
- Sense of urgency in completing tasks in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Exude self-confidence, professional presence and enthusiasm
- Complies with highest standards of business ethics.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: